International Communications Benchmark
How are press and communications operations managed? Which tools are used? What are the trends and developments? How will the communications department of the future look? And how can you improve your communications operation? These and other issues are addressed by the International Communications Benchmark.
Berenschot has considerable experience with its communications benchmarking teams in the Netherlands. Berenschot plans to launch an international communications benchmark in 2018. This offers you the opportunity to participate and compare your communications operation with that of other organisations. For more information about benchmarking in general you can read previous outcomes of the benchmarks conducted in the Netherlands in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
What will you gain from participating?
The International Communications Benchmark gives you an insight into the qualitative and quantitative aspects of your communications operation. This includes the following questions:
- How is the communications operation managed? How is communications positioned within the entire organisation?
- How is communications staffed? To what extent are temporary staff hired?
- What is your communications budget and what is it spent on?
- How is the communications department organised (internally, externally and crisis communication)?
- What are the basic principles of the press and media policy, and how is the communications strategy determined?
You determine the scope yourself when you participate. Benchmark participants have two options.
Option 1: Benchmark ‘light’ – cost is approximately EUR 3,000
- Completion of the questionnaire.
- Participation in a validation interview.
- Receiving a brief report with a summary of the general conclusions and findings. Additionally you will be invited to attend an explanation of the general results in a gathering of all participants in Amsterdam in 2018.
Option 2: Benchmark ‘in-depth’ – cost is approximately EUR 7,000
This option consists of the ‘light’ version plus a follow-up:
- Personal reporting where Berenschot compares your communications operation to those of other participants.
- In-depth interview where you can ask questions about your own communications
- Presentation/ interactive session with your team or supervisors.
- Personal advice on your individual questions about the quality of your communications
If you choose the ‘in-depth’ Benchmark option, the follow-up phase will commence thereafter. For an initial indication you can start with the International Communications Benchmark ‘light’.
Would you like to have an in-depth analysis of your communications operation? If so, the in-depth version of the International Communications Benchmark is the right choice for you.
Good to know
Berenschot compares the communications operations of organisations with similar characteristics and of a similar scale. Your details will not be shared with third parties. Interested?