Do you have a demonstrable record of academic achievement and social involvement? Are you keen to gain experience in the consultancy profession? Read further!
As an intern within the public administration consultancy group of the EU team you’ll be given the opportunity to learn about consultancy from the inside. You’ll work on consultancy assignments for the European Union and the Dutch government and help us translate our substantive focus into practice. The core themes you’ll work on include:
- Cross-border cooperation
- Strategic communication, including participation
- Evaluations, impact analyses and innovations
We are strategic advisors to Dutch public and private sector organisations about various European themes. We evaluate European policy for national, regional and local government bodies and help organisations to assess their degree of ‘Europeanisation’ based on the EU Impact Scan. As an intern you’ll likely contribute to all of these topics in different ways: from conducting desk research to preparing meetings and organising events to writing short papers, blogs and quotations.
As an intern you are truly part of our team. We are a group of young and driven consultants who advise our clients independently and in teams. You will of course be supervised by a Berenschot consultant who will support you to develop your professional skills and encourage you to work autonomously wherever possible.
You’ll be surrounded by smart people and will join an environment that fosters critical thinking, open and honest exchange. While we work hard, we make time to have fun too.
The spoken language in our headquarters in Utrecht (NL) is Dutch.
We expect you to be a strong conceptual thinker with good analytical skills, natural enthusiasm and curiosity. You’re not afraid to tackle complex questions and are comfortable working independently. As the spoken language in our HQ is Dutch, we expect you to be highly flexible. You enjoy being a pioneer and are happy to roll up your sleeves and get on with things. And you’re not easily discouraged: if plan A doesn’t work then you’ll come up with a plan B and, if necessary, a plan C. In addition you:
- Are currently studying for a Masters in European Studies or a Masters in a different subject such as (technical) public administration, political science, sociology or business studies with a European element;
- Will be registered with a university for the entire internship period;
- Have strong oral and written communication skills in English. Dutch is a big advantage.
Berenschot has provided independent consultancy and advice to the public and private sector for over 80 years. So we have extensive experience: with 350 highly educated staff we are experts in our field. Knowledge we are happy to share with our clients and with you. Which is why you’re guaranteed to learn loads during your internship with us.
We also offer you:
- A fulltime internship for five months starting September 2022
- A competitive internship allowance and a laptop which you should return the end of the internship
- Travel allowance or public transport pass
- The possibility to combine the internship with the writing of your final thesis. If you’re interested in this option please send your detailed research proposal with your application letter and CV.
You will be based in our EU office in Brussels, where one EU consultant is based fulltime. The EU team based in Utrecht travels on a regular basis to Brussels.
If you’re interested in joining us, please send your motivation letter and CV no later than 10 June 2022 to Ellemijn van den Ende via email. For more information about the vacancy please call Ellemijn van den Ende (programme manager EU) on +31 (0) 6 58 90 00 13 or mail her at email@example.com